Thursday, August 13, 2009

Where it began

By saying three words to you today - "I am gay" - those three words are in violation of Title 10 of the U.S. code. It’s a code that is polluted by the people who want us to lie… it’s an immoral code that goes against every single thing that we were taught at West Point with our honor code.

A month and a half after Lt. Daniel Choi said those words on The Rachel Maddow Show, he received a letter formally kicking him out of the Army National Guard. Lt. Choi is a West Point grad, an Iraq war vet and Arabic translator, but none of that mattered to the Don't Ask Don't Tell folks in the Defense Department. My question is this: how many more people are we going to kick out of the military because of this ridiculous policy?


this is from my first blog entry on DADT back on May 18th, almost three months ago - I have since met Dan Choi and I have heard about and seen more and more cases and as I write about this every day here, I have grown more and more convinced that DADT must be repealed - NOW!
















No comments: