Thursday, April 16, 2009

All about Father Leo

People have posted items about Father Leo before - I'm one of those who have posted. (Actually my previous mentions have really been more about Grace Before Meals, which he created). Anyway, a week ago I saw him on abc-tv's World News Tonight, and he really is an inspiration, so I am writing more.
Father Leo Patalinghug is a priest of the Archdiocese of Baltimore and the Director of Pastoral Field Education at Mount Saint Mary’s Seminary in Emmitsburg, MD. Prior to ordination, Father Leo graduated with degrees in political science and journalism. He taught speech and debate, assisted with music and youth ministry, and choreographed for an award winning Break Dancing Group. He is also a 3rd Degree Martial Arts instructor and award winning competitor in Tae Kwon Do He is the author of the book, “Grace Before Meals: Recipes for Family Life,” a collection of “bite-sizeable” theological essays, recipes for feast days, and even questions to engage family conversation around the dinner table. Best of all (I think) is that he is also the creator of the Grace Before Meals website and tv program (which he also hosts).
As I said at the top, I have mentioned him here before, but I really had to say something once again. It is Easter week and this is one VERY inspiring priest! You can see a little more of what I mean just by going to the Grace Before Meals website at http://gracebeforemeals.com/ and exploring the news there. You might also want to subscribe to his weekly emails. (And you don't even have to tell him I sent you)!

No comments: