Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reflection

Yesterday I wrote here about loving your neighbor as Jesus taught us to do. Well it got me thinking a lot about how I act toward other people. Can people see Christ in my face because of the things I do. How do I act toward others? Do I brighten anyone’s day? Do I make a difference in anyone’s life? This is important to me folks and I really try harder every day to follow the Golden Rule.

While I was thinking about all of this I have also been reading some old letters from my mom. No, I don’t save everything she sends me, and these days we talk on the telephone much more often than we write each other. Still, I am so happy to have many of her old letters. Among other things, it provides a lovely trip down memory lane for me.

Reflecting on the past, and looking ahead to the future, and good old self-examination are all good things. I really should do it more often.

No comments: