Monday, February 23, 2009

Bad Day

Did you ever have one of those days where nothing went right? Yesterday was one of them for me! (I guess I shouldn’t say nothing went right. I guess some of the day was okay).

Anyway, first thing in the morning I learned of a Mardi Gras event at a local church. It was taking place late in the afternoon. I already had plans to go to another church in the afternoon. Perhaps a brief appearance at the first event and then a quick taxi ride to the other one (a service, so a specific beginning time). That’s what I decided to do. Well, remember my bout with kidney stones? The pain was back and so I popped a couple of pills and went to bed. I had thought that the pain would be gone and I would arise refreshed and ready to go. EXCEPT, that I overslept! I never woke up until 6:45pm! The first event began at 4pm and the second at 5:30. By the time I was showered and dressed, both would surely be over. I so wanted to go to both. The service was an anniversary celebration for a dear friend.

To make matters worse, when it was actually time for bed, I couldn’t get to sleep. I spent most of the night tossing and turning. I’ll most likely be a mess all day today. I sure hope this doesn’t mean TWO days where things didn’t go right! (At least I did get to watch most of the Academy Awards last night - I'll have some thoughts about that tomorrow).

No comments: