Sunday, February 01, 2009

This and That

Ever have one of those days when you have a LOT to say? This is one of those days for me!

First off I want to thank my Franciscan brothers for their warm hospitality last night. (Of course there is always warm hospitality at San Damiano Friary). I was there for mass and then for supper afterward. A lovely way to end the day.

The epistle of Paul's that I posted here about yesterday, I still and thinking about. I will be reading it in my church during a service in just a few hours. Perhaps it will become clearer.

This afternoonI will be traveling to another church - Saint Mark's in Berkeley. I always love being there. The folks are so friendly and the music is excellent, and they have some many programs and are so involved. (Looking for a community of faith in the Berkeley, CA area? I would certainly recommend Saint Mark's).

A question for all of you before I close: has anyone every heard a legend about the dead coming to life on Candlemas Eve? Tomorrow is Candlemas and so tonight would be the night. I seem to recall some kind of story. Perhaps it was a film. Any of you familiar with this?

No comments: