Wednesday, February 04, 2009

It's nice to be important, but

Years ago when I was on the radio, I ended each shift by saying "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." It's not an original thought. It was been said by others. Lately I have been thinking about it a lot. People seem to be less nice. What's going on?

I have seen people push in front of others waiting in line. I have seen people slam doors in other people's face. I have heard incredibly rude comments from MANY different people lately. It's not that I hang out in a bad part of town. This has been happening just about everywhere - even in church!

It only takes a second to smile and to say please or thank you. It really isn't hard at all! If someone does something for you, thank them. They will appreciate that and you will actually feel better yourself!

Having a bad day? Did something rotten just happen to you? I'll bet if you trying smiling and being nice, that bad feeling will go away (or at least lessen). Seriously folks - try it!

No comments: