Monday, May 11, 2009

Church Camp

I was thinking the other day about church camp. When I was younger, I spent part of my summers at Beaver-Cross Conference Center (which sadly no longer exists) and I know many people go to a church camp each year. My mom has been going the past few years - yup, I said my mom, who is in her 80s. Church camp can be for all ages. In her case they do a senior citizens week at the end of the summer. Here in my own diocese there is something for everyone at Saint Dorothy's Rest.

Anyway, did you ever go? Have some great memories I bet! Some of mine are of the songs we sang. See if you can fill in the blanks of any of these:

"And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a ___, OUCH!"

"So rise and shine and give God the ____, _____. Rise and shine and give God the _____, ______. Rise and shine and give God the ____, _____ children of the Lord."

"It only takes a ______ to get a fire going."

"Lord I lift your name on high. Lord I love to sing your praises. I'm so glad you're in my life. I'm so glad you came to save us Jesus. You came from _____ to _____ to show the way."

"Deep and Wide, Deep and Wide, there's a ________ flowing deep and wide."

"Father _______ had many sons and many sons had Father ________. I am one of them and so are you, so let's just praise the Lord."

"Lord prepare me to be a __________. Pure and Holy, tried and true."

"Lord You are more precious than ____, Lord you are more costly than gold."

"Our God is an __________ God. He reigns, from Heaven above."

No comments: