Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Death by train

Yesterday a train conductor told me the horror that had befallen her yesterday (and several of her co-workers and numerous train passengers. As a train bound for San Francisco, going 90mph up the track, a woman quietly stepped onto those tracks and sat down crosslegged facing the oncoming locomotive. The engineer had no time to stop and the woman was instantly killed.

This is not the first such incident. Last year there were I believe a couple of dozen such suicides on the railroad just south of San Francisco. How horrible.

I mention this because I am concerned for those who witness this and those who may be permanently scared by this trauma. Please pray for them. Pray too for all who are so troubled that they think suicide is the answer. My friends, it is NEVER the answer!

God is the answer! By God and with God all things are possible! Thanks be to God!

No comments: