Saturday, November 01, 2008

For All The Saints

If you read this regularly, you may recall two months ago when I asked "Any idea what it takes to be a saint?" I got no responses, so let me pose the question once more: any ideas at all?

My reason for asking this time is that today is All Saints' Day - a pretty big deal in the life of the Church. At my parish there will be a high mass tonight in Latin, with Gregorian chant. (If you're in the area, do come)!

The feast of All Saints, on its current date, is traced to the foundation by Pope Gregory III of an oratory in Saint Peter's for the relics "of the holy apostles and of all saints, martyrs and confessors, of all the just made perfect who are at rest throughout the world." Today is for all the saints, past present, and yet to come. Perhaps that can include you!

No comments: