Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Vote and then The Wait

I'm used to waiting for results on Tuesdays. As you may recall, I have become a fan of the tv series Dancing With the Stars and every Tuesday I anxiously wait to see who gets booted from the show. Tonight there will be no results show (because of a much bigger vote) and last night they went crazy and did a ridiculous thing that put dancers on teams. The wonderful (and probably best dancer, Lance Bass, was saddled with the worst, Susan Lucci). Anyway, that's the television show. Tonight I wait for different results.

As early as I can today I will head to my polling place - just a block from where I live - to vote. It's not just about who will be the next US president. There are numerous other offices to be filled, plus state and local propositions. Probably the most important and most watched is Proposition 8. Folks from all over the country and around the world will have their eyes on this one. (Remember: Vote NO on 8).

Tonight I will begin watching the national returns as soon as the polls close on the east coast and continue watching for as long as I can before I have to go to sleep. It's going to be a long wait! It's going to be a long night! It is likely that results will not be known for some of the contests for days - maybe even weeks. I expect that Prop 8 may be very close and therefore the results will take longer.

Vote! Be a part of this. Then wait with me for the results.

No comments: