Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hear the Word of God

Those who know me will also know of my love of the Blessed Apostle Paul and all he has done for Christianity. When I open my Bible, it is likely that I will first go to one of Saint Paul's letters. The epistle appointed for today in the Revised Common Lectionary is a particular favorite of mine: Philippians 4:1-9. (I'm pretty sure the choir at my church is also singing the wonderful anthem based on this text also).

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. WOW! How wonderful these words!

Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. How can this not make us feel good?

Then Saint Paul writes And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. To which I will simply say Amen!

No comments: