Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Peace and All Good"

“Peace and All Good!” Saint Francis used this greeting - “Peace and All Good!” - as he met people along his way. I live in the City of Saint Francis, San Francisco and my father’s middle name was Francis and one of my dearest friends is a Franciscan friar. Why should I not then spend much of today at the National Shrine of Saint Francis of Assisi? (The picture here, by the way, is from the church here in the North Beach neighborhood. It shows the Conversion of Saint Paul). We are going there particularly to see the new Porziuncola.

Needless to say, I am really looking forward to the day ahead. Prior to going to the Shrine of Saint Francis, I will be at two separate masses: first, at The Episcopal Sanctuary and then at Saint Boniface Church. To God be the glory for ever and ever!

No comments: