Friday, September 05, 2008

Why not?

Wasn't it Hillary Duff that had a hit a few years back with a song called "Why Not"? (Can you believe that I am making a blog entry with a picture of Hillary Duff? YIKES!) That two word sentence has become something of a mantra to me. I am ALWAYS asking that!

You can't possibly do that many things? That guy will never date you! We're never going to have as many people in church as in ages past (according to some) - why not? We couldn't possibly raise that amount of money! Again, why not??! Whenever that voice of gloom and doom rears its ugly head and says that something just can't happen, I say "WHY NOT"?

Perhaps my inspiration is the late Robert Kennedy who said "Some men see things as they are and ask, 'Why?' I dream things that never were and ask, 'Why not'?" Maybe my inspiration is Blessed Paul the Apostle who was in ill health and even was imprisoned, yet he still continued to spread the Good News.

I guess my message for the day then is, don't take no for an answer! Always ask "why not"?

No comments: